Avast 2018 Shows up BSOD Due to Incompatibility with Windows 10
Posted on : 09 May, 2018
Avast 2018 is said to be compatible with Windows 10, 8 and 8.1 but still, many users’ face complications in using Avast 2018 software on the latest Windows version. Here we are going to discuss one major issue that you are going to face while using Avast on Windows 10. But before we begin we do want to suggest our users to keep both their antivirus program and their Windows OS up-to-date. This way they can resolve many issues. The most common problem that Avast 2018 user faces is BSOD after installing Windows Anniversary update.
Blue screen of death issue is a critical problem that can take place after anniversary update of Windows. The major reason behind this issue is the incompatibility between one of the Avast drivers and Intel CPU from Skylake family. Technicians of Avast helpline Number UK are aware of the fact that this problem can be really irritating; this is why they have released some solutions for the same.
Solution 1: It is better to update Avast before you go for Windows anniversary update.
• To update your Avast program to the latest version, go to settings and then open Update. Then go to Programs and click on “Update”.
• Once you are done with Avast 2018 update, you are ready for Windows Anniversary update.
• Download anniversary update and run the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
There is another method as well through which you can get the latest version Avast antivirus i.e. to repair the current version. For this purpose, you need an internet connection.
• From the Control Panel, go to Programs and Features.
• Then select Avast and click Uninstall/Change.
• Finally, click on Repair button.
• Once the repair process gets finished, restart your computer.
• After restarting you can download Anniversary update and then click “Get the Anniversary update now”.
• Run the downloaded file and follow the on-screen wizard to complete the installation.
Other critical issues that Avast 2018 users face after the installation of Anniversary update is of Cortana Menu critical error and Avast SecureDNS can’t run issue. These issues cannot be resolved without the assistance of experts. Thus, it becomes essential for you to call us at Avast Contact Number UK whenever you face any problem with your Avast program.